Paying for child care

State Subsidy Option

The Washington State Working Connections Child Care subsidy provides financial assistance for families with low incomes while they work, look for work, or go to school. More information and eligibility requirements can be found here. Visit Washington Connection to apply.

City of Seattle Child Care Assistance Program

The City of Seattle helps low- and moderate-income working families pay for child care. A family may choose from more than 200 high-quality licensed child care programs in Seattle. To learn more about the program and be screened for eligibility, please visit the CCAP website. If you have questions, contact CCAP at 206-386-1050.

King County CCFA - Child Care Financial Assistance program

King County has allocated $7 million of its federal ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act) funding to support King County families with the cost of their child care. Eligible families may receive financial assistance to pay for their child care at eligible providers. Child Care Resources is administering the program in partnership with King County.

For more information about the program, including the full flyer in 10 languages, and to apply, visit our website:

  • Fill out an online application at:
  • OR Call the Child Care Aware of Washington Family Center at 1-800-446-1114 (Open Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm) for technical and language support. Our team can assist with interpreter services in multiple languages.

CCR's Child Care Financial Assistance Program

Child Care Resources administers a child care financial assistance program for residents of Auburn, Bellevue, Covington, Kent, and Redmond who have a child ages 1-month to 12-years in licensed child care. To learn more and apply, click here. Please email the completed application to If you have questions, call us at 206-338-7570.

***Programs in Auburn, Bellevue, Kent, and Redmond are currently on waitlists. Please click here to add yourself to the waitlist to be notified when funds become available. 

Child Care Subsidy Program for Families Experiencing Homelessness

Child Care Resources assists families experiencing homelessness in King and Pierce Counties who would like support navigating and accessing child care and child care financial assistance. If you have questions or to complete our intake process, call us at 206-329-5842.

Goodwin Connections Family Connections Program 

Goodwin Connections has a program to help full time students in Snohomish, King, and Pierce counties to pay for child care. Learn more here

King County Veteran Student Child Care Subsidy 

Child Care Resources administers a subsidy program for Veteran Students in partnership with the King County Veterans, Seniors, and Human Services Levy. To apply or learn more visit here or call 206-338-7570. 

Tax Savings When Paying for Child Care

Some employers offer flexible/dependent care spending accounts, which allow costs for child care to be deducted from your paycheck pre-tax. Talk to your employer to find out if a flex plan is available. Earned Income Tax Credit is a tax credit for low- and moderate-income working individuals and families. The Federal Child Tax Credit is another way to help pay for child care and can help you save on your tax bill.

Sliding Scale Options and Discounts

Your child care  provider may offer a multi-child discount or sliding scale based on income. When you interview caregivers, have a discussion about what you can afford and request written information about costs.