Available Child Care Careers
As part of our committment to high-quality child care, we are happy to provide Early Learning Professionals with access to a variety of child care positions available throughout King and Pierce County.
Please review the list of open positions below and follow the necessary steps to apply. If you don't see any positions listed below, please check back periodically as new positions and opportunities may open over time.
Interested in posting your open position on our website? Please contact us at 206.329.1011 ext. 260 or by email to submit a job description. All jobs are posted for a period of two weeks, after which they automatically expire. Click here for a Job Posting Request Form
Family Cirle Learning Center, Too
Description: Support Staff - POSITION SUMMARY:
This position requires you to give 10 minute breaks, hour lunches, or fill in when a teacher is unavailable, in any and/or all classrooms in the center. Be able to assist the teachers in implementing planned activities and be able to promote social, emotional, and physical development of each child enrolled. Your duties and responsibilities will be carried out under the direction of the Director/Assistant Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Wear a watch or use the timer provided, no cell phones allowed.
2. Inform teachers how long their break/lunch is.
3. Accurately record all breaks/lunches given and report to the office staff any breaks/lunches still needing to be done.
4. Assist the teachers in planned activities.
5. Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
6. Bring in special activities to do with the children, such as a special book or flannel board story.
7. When giving a lunch, and it is nap time, follow the classroom cleaning schedule.
8. Offer to assist the teacher in preparing materials.
9. Participate in staff meetings, center activities, and staff development.
10. When covering a classroom for the day, make sure you are aware of the lesson plan and follow the teacher’s lead on activities.
11. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 30 hours of STARS training
• Minimum of 6 months-1-year teaching experience.
• Must demonstrate experience and interest in working with young children, parents, and volunteers.
• Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of appropriate practices in early childhood development including working with parents.
• Must demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
• Must have effective and strong communication skills (orally and written).
• Must demonstrate the ability to work well with young children.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the program.
• Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
• Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, and speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety
• Must have the ability to see and hear well enough to monitor the classroom and playgrounds to keep the children safe at all times.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, kneel, stoop, sit on the floor, demonstrate and engage in activities such as running, jumping, dancing, and walking.
Please email Leslie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: August 10, 2020
Concordia Christian Academy Early Learning and Childcare
Description: Lead Preschool/Toddler Teachers - Description: Lead Preschool/Toddler Teacher - POSITION SUMMARY: This position requires you to plan and implement day-to-day activities to promote social, emotional, and physical development of each child within the classroom. A Lead Teacher must understand childern's cognitive. social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe classroom environment to keep the children actively engaged.
- Plan and implement curriculum activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social.cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communication with staff and parents.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment by maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards
- Supervise teacher assistants to ensure they are following planned activities.hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain personal professional development and on going training. Skills and Experience
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- ECE (Early Childhood Education) or Equivalent (not required, but preferred)
- Must clear full background check
- TB test MMR Vaccine
- lnfant/Child CPR and First Aid
- Food Handlers card/permit How to Apply:
Send resumes to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: August 13, 2020
Little Cubs Preschool
Description: Lead Preschool Teacher - Job Description
Little Cubs is an in-home private school with a focus on nature and the arts. Students are inspired to explore the world through hands-on meaningful experiences which lead to an intrinsic love for learning. Founders Kelli and Katherine provide high quality learning experiences in a warm and comforting family atmosphere.
Summary of Position:
The Lead Preschool Teacher position is Monday thru Thursday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm beginning ASAP. Responsibilities include preparing classroom activities and maintaining a developmentally appropriate classroom. This is practiced within the philosophical guidelines of Little Cubs to develop students’ relationship with the natural world and prepare them to be lifelong learners. The preschool teacher will work collaboratively with Little Cubs staff.
● Operate the classroom within the guidelines and standards of Washington State Department of Children Youth and Families
● Manage for the health, safety, and welfare of all children in the group aged 1 – 4 years old.
● Interact with children to encourage positive self-concept and enthusiasm for the discovery process.
● Develop relationships with parents, addressing any concerns and celebrating accomplishments of the children.
● Assist with daily cleaning and facility upkeep.
● Assist in food preparation and clean up
● Assist with diapering for non-potty-trained students
● Attend training sessions to comply with Washington licensing requirements of 10 STAR hours per year.
● Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
● Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education with Early Childhood Endorsement. Natural Science and other related degrees considered with demonstrated early childhood experience.
● Portable Background Check Cleared through MERIT
● Current Pediatric CPR/First Aid (can be obtained after hire)
● Safe Sleep Certification (can be obtained after hire)
● Food Handlers Permit (can be obtained after hire)
● At least 1 year of experience teaching or leading young children.
● A demonstrated strength in assisting in outdoor activities.
● A demonstrated understanding of principles and techniques of developmentally appropriate practices and the ability to implement that knowledge.
● A demonstrated knowledge of the natural world or a willingness to acquire knowledge about the natural world.
● Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with children, parents, peers.
● Creative and high energy.
● Ability to work as a team member as well as demonstrate initiative and leadership skills.
● Ability to assist groups of children in all weather conditions with a positive attitude.
● Able to lift 50 pounds and engage in physical activities such as neighborhood walks, pulling children in wagons.
● High integrity
● Independent thinker with strong initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
● Self-motivated (takes initiative) with high standards
● Hands-on and variety seeking
● Dynamic and fun, yet responsible and professional
How to Apply
Send resume to Kelli at email@example.com
Visit https://littlecubs.org to learn more about our school
Posting Date: August 4, 2020